The Order of St Philip – Rule of LiFE
Companions and Evangelists
- Read and reflect on the Bible’s message of love, peace and reconciliation.
- Receive personally God’s forgiveness, mercy, grace and love.
- Meet regularly with other followers of Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully care for people, starting with your family and those near to you.
- Make space for others, include them and offer hospitality.
- Show compassion for God’s creation by words and actions.
- Pray by name for people who seem lost, trapped or far from Jesus.
- Seek to understand people and assist them to hear the Good News.
- Ask God for wisdom and empowerment from the Holy Spirit.
- Regularly repent of sin and faithfully witness to the risen Jesus.
- As a religious order we are men and women who seek to live as disciples of Jesus Christ who have undertaken to –
- forsake ambitions of wealth and possessions (vow of poverty).
- live a life of chastity in singleness and faithfulness in marriage (vow of chastity).
- obey the teachings of Jesus Christ (vow of obedience).
- live by the Order’s Rule of Life (vow of discipline).
- Learn and retell the stories about Jesus, especially those in the Gospels.
- Lovingly preach and announce the Good News of God’s Kingdom.
- Show people how to follow Jesus as his disciples now and forever.
- Challenge violence of every kind and transform unjust structures.
- Live simply and use money carefully, being generous to the poor.
- Encourage other evangelists and invite them into The Order of St Philip.
This Rule of Life was adopted by the Board on 31 August 2020..
To complete the self-assessment tool and
to qualify for a free coaching session,
please click here.